Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Problems installing the drivers on my PC

Ask questions and tell others how you work with the Roland Gaia. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Problems installing the drivers on my PC

Postby MCNL » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:27 pm

I have problems installing the drivers on my PC. Not really a Gaia problem. More a WinXP Problem i'm guessing. The install just never seems to finish. I should call tech support and see if they have any Ideas. Anyone else have issues installing the drivers? I'm using a usb connecting to a PC with winXP service pack 2.
MCNL

Re: Problems installing the drivers on my PC

Postby gaiaadmin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:58 pm

I didn't have any problems installing the drivers (XP here too) but I can't get Cubase to recognize the Gaia as a midi source yet. I'll be doing a reinstall tonight likely.
gaiaadmin
Site Admin

Postby Grauw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:25 am

At least here on Windows 7 x64 everything works smoothly.
Grauw

Postby rob » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:59 am

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the driver here on Windows XP. As I'm having some other issues with it.

I had to uninstall/reboot twice before it would let me reinstall the driver, but once it let me continue it did do hte complete installation.

The only hold up I had was when it asked me to plug in the cable and turn the SH-01 on. It asks you to wait for the new hardware dialogue to appear. It took at least 3 minutes for this to appear. Once it did I followed the instructions and got a message stating that the installation completed.

If the wait time for the new hardware dialogue isn't your issue than maybe there's a software conflict or user permission problem. I found this in the Readme File on the CD:

Are you logged onto Windows with the appropriate user rights?
You must log on to Windows as one of the following users:
- the Administrator or other user with the privileges of the Administrators group
- a user whose Account Type is Computer administrator
* For more information regarding this, consult your computer system administrator.

Driver Signing Options setting
You may be unable to install the driver depending on the "Driver Signing Options" setting. Proceed as follows to change this setting.

Open the System Properties dialog box.

Click the Windows start menu, and from the menu, select Control Panel.
In "Pick a category," click "Performance and Maintenance."
In "or pick a Control Panel icon," click the System icon. * Depending on your setup, the System icon may appear directly in the Control Panel (Classic View). If so, double-click the System icon.

Click the Hardware tab, then click [Driver Signing].
The Driver Signing Options dialog box will open.
In the Driver Signing Options dialog box, select "Warn" or "Ignore," then click [OK].
Click [OK] to close the System Properties dialog box.
Install the driver as described in "Installation." * Change the setting back to its previous state when you've finished installing the driver.

rob

Return to Technical Talk